DDS Product Engineer II
Reports To: Senior Director
Department: DDS Engineering
Location: San Jose, CA
Position Summary: The Product Engineer is responsible to provide engineering support for key DDS (Disk Drive Suspension/HDD Suspension) customer accounts. The incumbent is one of the product development contacts with the customer’s senior-level technical managers and engineers.
- Work closely with the customer and internally at NHK on product and process development activities for new products and technologies.
- Development activities include design and specification proposals, designs for manufacturing feedback, reliability testing, supplier development, competitive analysis, and product qualification data reviews, etc.
- Serve as the main customer contact during all phases of the product program.
- Build strong working relationships with the customer, set appropriate expectations and remove roadblocks.
- Key contributor in product development team meetings and presentations internally and with the customer.
- Participates in advanced technology and roadmap discussions with the customer to achieve long-term design goals.
- Serve as the engineering liaison with manufacturing and the customer on any related issues, problems or improvements. Be the interpreter of requirements. Provide engineering and quality assistance to the plants for high-volume manufacturing.
- Participate in the customer’s supplier performance review process and provide “voice of the customer” feedback and roadmap information to NHK.
- Assist in hosting NHK engineering visitors from Japan. Accompany customers on overseas travel for plant tours. Travel internationally for training.
- 5 to 10 years in the disc drive or related industries
- Sensor design or manufacturing experience
- Sensor development for autonomous vehicles
- Excellent analytical, project management and time management skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical information verbally and in writing
- Able to work independently and to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Willingness to research new technologies and best practices
- Technical knowledge and expertise to complete other projects/products in the future, such as semi-conductor, micro processing equipment; latest memory technologies; memory production.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level on Engineer Career Path
Work Environment: Office and Manufacturing Plants
Required Education, Experience, Skills and/or Knowledge:
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Specialization.
- A master’s degree is a plus.
- Requires 10+ years of relevant experience in the data storage or sensor industries.
- Formal training in project management, finite element analysis, 8D problem-solving, failure analysis methods, reliability test methods, etc.
- Experience with a variety of engineering software packages, such as: SolidWorks, Autodesk, AutoCAD, MATLAB, Minitab and SAS-JMP Statistical Analysis, etc.
- Ability to sit at a computer for an extended period of time.
- Cognitive ability to discuss complex technical terms and product details.
- Ability to negotiate plant aisles and abide by safety requirements.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally.
Travel domestically and internationally 20% of the time. Domestic once per month, twice a year to Asia.
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills and/or Knowledge: Prior disc drive experience is a plus.
Sales Representative- Precision Spring
Do you enjoy working towards a common goal across an organization? This is a great opportunity for you!
NHK International, a worldwide automotive supplier, is searching for a candidate who will thrive in a collaborative environment where learning and the opportunity to make a positive impact is a daily occurrence. As a Sales Representative, you will be responsible for managing and developing current NHK customer accounts while growing new business opportunities.
* Build and maintain effective long-term relationships and a high level of satisfaction with an assigned group of existing customer account(s).
* Serve as the point of contact between NHK and assigned customers. Respond to a range of customer inquiries.
* Promptly prepare sales quotes that incorporate the cost of the product and the desired profit margin.
* Accurately input all customer orders. Maintain the price tracking system. Work with the tracking tool to collect past due payments.
* Make certain all sales documentation is accurate and complete in compliance with NHK policy and external requirements.
* Determine the effect of engineering changes to price. Monitor daily aftermarket part orders from customers and ensure timely delivery.
* Create and monitor schedules to meet customer needs. Communicate customer requests/requirements to others, including production, quality, manufacturing, etc.
* Effectively resolve company and customer issues in a manner that serves the needs of both NHK and the customer.
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the plants, engineering, other NHK departments and affiliate companies.
* Maintain accurate monthly sales forecasts for each customer and part number.
* Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
* Good communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
* Ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
* Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field of study
* Minimum of 1-3 years of sales, marketing, account management, or similar experience preferably in the automotive supplier industry
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Ability to speak Japanese and/or Spanish preferable.
Do you enjoy researching new technology as well as being able to collaborate with the Product Engineering function to support today’s products? This is a great opportunity for you!
NHK International, a worldwide automotive supplier, is searching for a candidate who will thrive in a collaborative environment where learning and the opportunity to make a positive impact is a daily occurrence. You will design suspension-related products, conduct research and development tasks for our products in the design and manufacturing process.
As a Research Engineer of the Analysis Department, you will be able to do the following:
- Design suspension-related products (coil spring, stabilizer bar, trunk lid torsion bar, etc.) that meet customer’s requirements
- Communicate and cooperate with other departments and manufacturing plants to provide ever better products
- Provide ideas to improve the analysis function and manufacturing processes
- Conduct various research projects as assigned
- Always seek improvement opportunities and take necessary action
- Keep studying new technology to continuously improve the current situation
- Develop personal expertise in various software/engineering technologies
- Inspect in-house software tools and report problems if found
- Write research papers and/or present at conferences
- Learn Japanese to broaden knowledge and efficiently communicate with Japanese
To be fully qualified for this position, you should have the following:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- General Engineering knowledge necessary to perform finite element analysis and research work, including mathematics, statics and dynamics.
- Programming skills including but not limited to .NET, MATLAB, Python, etc.
- Ability to use FEA tool (ABAQUS) to conduct research work
- Ability to use CATIA to check validity of products
- Understanding of how coil spring parameters affect spring characteristics
- Understanding of manufacturing process of products
- Ability to find problems with astute observation and take steps to solve them
- Ability to systematically explain to others orally or in writing
- Ability to read, write and speak in Japanese preferred.
Do you love a challenge where you are learning and developing your skills on a daily basis! We have the opportunity for you……..
NHK, one of the world’s leading automotive suppliers of springs and seating, is seeking a high performing Linux administrator to join our Information Technology infrastructure team. The infrastructure team handles the full spectrum of IT for the company’s global network, servers (Linux and Windows), security, virtualization, and more!
You will play a key role in the IT Team which will require extensive familiarity with Linux systems and servers and may involve a high level of risk assessment and user support. Your impact will be felt organization-wide as you are responsible to develop and install Linux systems and servers. Additionally, you will be afforded the opportunity to dive into open source technologies and match them with company business processes as well as set up the architecture of the system, including back-end databases and scripts for specific applications and use cases.
- High level of motivation to learn quickly and deploy your skills effectively.
- Server administration – Strong background in Linux or UNIX server setup, deployment, and maintenance
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate complex technical information verbally and in writing
- Strong problem-solving skills by which to resolve complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to “think on your feet” and respond to emergency situations effectively
- Passion to learn new technologies with a focus on Open Source Projects
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information technology, computer science, or business
- 5+ years Linux administration/engineering using RHEL, CentOS, or Fedora
- 5+ years virtualization (RHEV, oVirt, VMWare, KVM)
- 5+ years of storage technologies (SAMBA, NFS, iSCSI, LVM)
- 2+ years of scripting (BASH, Python, PHP)
- 3+ years of email systems (Zimbra, Exchange, or similar)
- 4+ years of Networking (Routing, VLANs, security, Firewall, VPN, Wireless)
- 2+ years of backup experience
- 3+ years of VOIP experience
- 2+ years of monitoring experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Linux certifications