Location: Novi, Michigan
As a Sales Representative, you will be responsible for managing and developing current NHK customer accounts while growing new business opportunities.
- Build and maintain effective long-term relationships and a high level of satisfaction with an assigned group of existing customer account(s).
- Serve as the point of contact between NHK and assigned customers. Respond to a range of customer inquiries.
- Promptly prepare sales quotes that incorporate the cost of the product and the desired profit margin.
- Accurately input all customer orders. Maintain the price tracking system. Work with the tracking tool to collect past due payments.
- Make certain all sales documentation is accurate and complete in compliance with NHK policy and external requirements.
- Determine the effect of engineering changes to price. Monitor daily aftermarket part orders from customers and ensure timely delivery.
- Create and monitor schedules to meet customer needs. Communicate customer requests/requirements to others, including production, quality, manufacturing, etc.
- Effectively resolve company and customer issues in a manner that serves the needs of both NHK and the customer.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the plants, engineering, other NHK departments and affiliate companies.
- Maintain accurate monthly sales forecasts for each customer and part number.
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Good communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field of study.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of sales, marketing, account management, or similar experience preferably in the automotive supplier industry.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to speak Japanese and/or Spanish preferable.
Location: Novi, MI
Working under close supervision, designs coil springs and stabilizer bars that satisfy customers’ requirements using various computer-aided engineering (CAE) software. Accurately summarizes and explains the results to other departments and manufacturing plants.
- Design coil springs and stabilizer bars for automotive suspension systems using various CAE (ABAQUS, CATIA, 3D Scanner, etc.) tools while following internal design rules.
- Summarize the results with Excel and explain them accurately.
- Identify design issues at an early stage and ask supervisor for countermeasures.
- Report the progress in a timely manner.
- Complete design according to deadlines.
- Work on-site at plant locations during prototype trials.
- Other various tasks assigned by supervisor
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Ability to sit at a computer for an extended period of time.
- Ability to follow directions, meet deadlines, and complete assigned tasks.
- Attention to detail and dependable attendance.
- Ability to work both individually and as a team.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- A high school diploma or an Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field would be helpful.
- 2 or more years of experience working in the engineering field is a plus.
- High-school levels math knowledge, such as Algebra, Functions, and Geometry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
DDS Product Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Position Summary: The Product Engineer is responsible to provide engineering support for key DDS (Disk Drive Suspension/HDD Suspension) customer accounts. The incumbent is one of the product development contacts with the customer’s senior-level technical managers and engineers.
- Work closely with the customer and internally at NHK on product and process development activities for new products and technologies.
- Development activities include design and specification proposals, designs for manufacturing feedback, reliability testing, supplier development, competitive analysis, and product qualification data reviews, etc.
- Serve as the main customer contact during all phases of the product program.
- Build strong working relationships with the customer, set appropriate expectations and remove roadblocks.
- Key contributor in product development team meetings and presentations internally and with the customer.
- Participates in advanced technology and roadmap discussions with the customer to achieve long-term design goals.
- Serve as the engineering liaison with manufacturing and the customer on any related issues, problems or improvements. Be the interpreter of requirements. Provide engineering and quality assistance to the plants for high-volume manufacturing.
- Participate in the customer’s supplier performance review process and provide “voice of the customer” feedback and roadmap information to NHK.
- Assist in hosting NHK engineering visitors from Japan. Accompany customers on overseas travel for plant tours. Travel internationally for training.
- 5 to 10 years in the disc drive or related industries.
- Sensor design or manufacturing experience.
- Sensor development for autonomous vehicles.
- Excellent analytical, project management and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information verbally and in writing.
- Able to work independently and to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to research new technologies and best practices.
- Technical knowledge and expertise to complete other projects/products in the future, such as semi-conductor, micro processing equipment; latest memory technologies; memory production.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level on Engineer Career Path
Work Environment: Office and Manufacturing Plants
Required Education, Experience, Skills and/or Knowledge:
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Specialization.
- A master’s degree is a plus.
- Requires at least 5 years of relevant experience in the data storage or sensor industries.
- Formal training in project management, finite element analysis, 8D problem-solving, failure analysis methods, reliability test methods, etc.
- Experience with a variety of engineering software packages, such as: SolidWorks, Autodesk, AutoCAD, MATLAB, Minitab and SAS-JMP Statistical Analysis, etc.
- Prior disc drive experience a plus.
- Ability to sit at a computer for an extended period of time.
- Cognitive ability to discuss complex technical terms and product details.
- Ability to negotiate plant aisles and abide by safety requirements.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally.
Travel domestically and internationally 20% of the time. Domestic once per month, twice a year to Asia.
Engineer (Semiconductor Capital Equipment & Processing)
Location: San Jose, CA
- Lead a team of Engineers in a fast paced and fluid environment. Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product Design, Manufacturing, Quality and Product Operations to deliver products to customers.
- Point of contact for new product introduction.
- Provide design for manufacturability (DFM) reviews of our products. Make recommendations to customer to improve manufacturing processes for quality and cost.
- Use statistical process control and studies to validate process capability, establish reasonable specifications, and drive process improvements in partnership with Tooling and Manufacturing Process Engineers.
- Identify and highlight manufacturability issues during engineering builds to ensure product quality is stable and that supply is predictable during ramp.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with semiconductor front-end manufacturing field, working with the transition of new products to production and with core mechanical manufacturing processes.
- Experience managing a team of Development or Quality Engineers.
- Experience with statistical process control, fixture design/qualification, cosmetic inspection metrology, and measurement correlation.
- Experience in communications with customer as interface.
- Knowledge of common semiconductor process (e.g., etching, ALD, CVD, PVD).
- Knowledge of common surface finishing operations (e.g., plasma spray coating, plating, anodizing, polishing, lapping and sandblasting).
- Knowledge of mechanical bonding processes (e.g., brazing, diffusion bonding, ultrasonic welding, adhesives, FSW).
- Understanding of cosmetic quality standards; defining and measuring color, specifying and measuring surface finish, creating cosmetic defect catalogs, and establishing grading limits.
- Ability to proactively influence the product design process by proposing improvements and associated data.
- Japanese speaker preferred but not mandatory.