Under general supervision, the Research Engineer II designs and optimizes automotive suspension components by conducting research programs, applying principles of Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
· Design new and improved suspension products that meet customer package, structure, material and performance requirements.
· Optimize complex design using Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) software.
· Develop Finite Element models and programming algorithms to improve the current production process. Resolve design, manufacturing and testing issues.
· Verify the proposed spring design by checking clearances (or interference with surrounding suspension components) in CAD and re-design, if required.
· Perform FEA analysis to investigate and resolve complicated problems.
· Participate in prototype development and studies.
· Assist in preparing technical product reports for evaluation by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data, information and trends.
· Coordinate CAD and testing resources to validate design performance.
· Provide recommendations for future improvements.
· Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; and joining professional groups.
· Strong analytical, project management and time management skills
· Strong background in computer programming
· Able to handle (make, fix, maintain, etc.) our in-house software
· Ability to systematically explain complex technical information orally and in writing
· Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Willingness to study new technologies to improve NHK products and processes
· Requires a master’s degree in mechanical engineering with significant coursework in physics, advanced mathematics and chemistry
· Plus 3-5 years of experience in the automotive supplier industry with automotive suspension and chassis knowledge preferred
· Knowledge of finite element method, mathematics, statics, dynamics, numeric analysis, signal processing and control engineering.
· Software programming knowledge in .Net, MATLAB, etc.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Account Manager (English and Japanese Speakers)
NHK Intex (Indianapolis/IN) is searching for an Account Manager to grow sales across North America by bringing on new accounts in strategic markets of automotive. This professional will communicate directly with our global customers, suppliers and our production facilities.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Develop and implement business plans and forecasts for customers to achieve targets in line with the business strategy.
- Grow business volume through prompt responses to RFQs and meet profitability targets
- Identify, initiate or assist in obtaining new business opportunities.
- Respond to Request for Quotes, track customer order status, and program timing.
Education and/or Experience
- Able to read, write and speak English and Japanese (required)
- BA/BS Degree (required)
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience in the automotive industry (preferred)
- Ability to negotiate effectively and with integrity
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Self-disciplined, organized and resilient
Job Location: Indianapolis/IN
Senior Product Engineer
NHK is regarded as one of the world’s leading spring and seating manufacturers. With nearly a century of technical experience in spring & seat design, NHK International offers automakers a unique brand of engineering and manufacturing expertise. We are expanding globally, continually developing new business areas and exploring leading-edge technologies. The NHK goal is to be a creative and challenge-driven company that offers new concepts to our customers, as we challenge the world of possibility.
Please feel free to visit the website below for more information on NHK:
http://www.nhkspg.co.jp/index_e.html or check us out on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/nhk-international-corporation/
The Senior Product Engineer manages all aspects of design and development activities in cooperation with our customers and NHK group companies.
- Create and modify the design of coil springs and stabilizer bars for customer specifications
- Coordinate related development activities with customers, manufacturing plant personnel, and Japanese personnel.
- Establish and maintain DFMEA’s, DVP’s, and design micro-schedules for all projects
- Prepare reports for customers.
- Create and update customer drawings.
- Responsible for projects from initial design stages through the end of production.
- Create test plans, track testing progress and evaluate results to ensure parts meet customer requirements.
- Communicate design changes and customer requirements to plant personnel.
- Meet with customers and manufacturing plant personnel to transfer information.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering
- Knowledge of GD&T, DFMEA, and other engineering tools
- CATIA or UG NX.
- Strong analytical, project management and communication skills.
- Ability to speak, write and read in Japanese (preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Job Type: Full-time
The Software Developer writes code to build and support NHK systems, applications and platforms. The developer also configures, optimizes and deploys software components and applications.
• Execute full lifecycle software development.
• Work on a variety of moderately complex projects involving the analysis, design, test, modification, and installation of new and existing software programs.
• Analyze and develop user specifications. Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for technical and business suitability.
• Design, code, test, implement and maintain applications to meet user specifications.
• Write well-designed, testable, efficient code to improve reliability and ease of use.
• Maintain, test and improve existing software products to ensure functionality and optimization. Make certain system improvements are successfully implemented.
• Document all new and existing programs to guarantee effective communications.
• Interact with team members to ensure design and quality meet NHK standards.
• Maintain production applications for defect resolutions and improvements.
• Remain current with the latest technologies and best practices; recommend technology solutions that meet NHK software development requirements.
• Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
• Ability to communicate complex technical information verbally and in writing
• Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Ability to research new technologies and best practices in software development
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently or as part of a team
• A bachelor’s degree in software development, information technology, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of software development lifecycle experience
• Experience with Model View Controller (MVC) applications using Spring MVC or similar frameworks
Bilingual Product Engineer (English and Japanese Speakers)
This entry-level Japanese Bilingual Product Engineer (English and Japanese speakers) position will help manage all aspects of design and development activities in cooperation with our customers and NHK group companies.
As a product engineer, the employee will be working on assigned projects from quotation stage to production under the manager’s supervision. Main responsibility is the development of suspension springs and bushings per customer specifications and to coordinate the prototyping and testing phases. This requires close, day-to-day communication with sales, analysis, testing, CAD departments as well as manufacturing plants, and in some capacity with our parent company in Japan.
- 0-3 years experience in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field of engineering.
- Bilingual (Japanese) is highly desirable.
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Some CAD experience (CATIA, UGNX) is desirable.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Bilingual Research Engineer (English and Japanese speakers)
The Bilingual Research Engineer (English and Japanese speakers) will research and develop system improvements for our suspension related products in the design and manufacturing process.
- General Engineering knowledge necessary to appropriately perform analysis and research work, including mathematics, statics, and dynamics.
- Understanding of spring design/analysis workflow in conjunction with design theories.
- General knowledge of computer operation to perform analysis and research work.
- Flexible computer programming knowledge necessary to modify/improve/execute analysis and research work.
- Ability to notice analysis problems with astute observation.
- Ability to systematically explain the result to others, including report writing and presentation.
- Willingness to study new technology to improve the current situation.
- Automotive Suspension / Chassis knowledge preferred
- Finite Element Method knowledge
- Software programming experience in .Net, MATLAB etc.
- Broad engineering knowledge in Mathematics, statics, dynamics, statistics, numeric analysis, signal processing, control engineering.
- Ability to write, read, speak in Japanese is preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Job Type: Full-time
Bilingual Internal Sales Representatives
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic career-oriented individual to join our team as a full-time Bilingual Internal Sales Representative in our Frankfort, IN facility. Lots of room for growth.
The role involves management of existing accounts with some new business development. You must be target and sales driven, proactive, be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
Create schedules for meeting accounts’ needs and monitor deadlines for product development efforts. Communicate customers’ agendas internally to staff and management. Communicate the concerns, capabilities, costs, and timing of other departments in the company to the client.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To achieve targets in line with the agreed business strategy, develop and implement business plans and forecasts for Customers, to grow business volume through prompt responses to RFQs meeting profitability targets.
- Identify, initiate or assist in obtaining new business opportunities and improve pricing in line with market levels.
- Assist in effective forecasting of sales volumes on a monthly and budgetary cycle.
- Respond to a range of customer inquiries (examples: capacity verifications, RFQs, customer order status, cost walks, program timing), ascertaining customer needs and resolving issues as appropriate.
- Develop, maintain and enhance solid business relationships with customers and NHK plants (and suppliers) to generate growth and maximize business opportunities; including the promotion of value-added products and services appropriate to the customer.
- Learn and utilize customer specific software for responding to customer requirements.
- Ensure all documentation is prepared/completed accurately in accordance with relevant internal/external requirements.
- Communicate and work with other NHK businesses to develop mutually beneficial opportunities and maximize group potential.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with NHK plants, R&D team, other departments and affiliate companies based on the principles of total account management through good communication and coordination.
- Address business issues affecting the performance of the relationship/portfolio with appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate service records.
- Ensure a high level of 5S.
- Other duties may be required or assigned as determined by management.
- Japanese speaking, writing, and reading are required.
- BA/BS Degree required
- Sales experience is a plus
- Automotive knowledge a plus
- MS Office and other commercial excellence tools to support effective account management.
- Sales Excellence – must have proven abilities in sales from opening business opportunities to closing major deals needing significant perseverance and creativity; with a proven Sales Track record
- Is very organized and communicates clearly
- Creates an external focus that defines success in market terms
- Is a clear thinker who can simplify strategy into specific actions, makes decisions and communicates priorities
- Can lead/energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people builds, loyalty and commitment
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Work is typically performed in an office environment. The employee may occasionally work in a factory environment with loud noise level.
- Frequent visits to our customer may be required.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent dental, medical and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance
- 401K Savings plan and company match
- Company sponsored events