Lab Technician I (XRD)
Software Developer I
The Software Developer is responsible for planning, designing, implementation, verification, deployment, and support activities for custom software components and applications. Provide advanced technical, logical, and problem-solving expertise to help create innovative software solutions. Work on both frontend and backend parts of projects.
- Test, find and fix bugs within internally written software applications
- Take user feedback and requests and convert into software applications.
- Document current and new code relating to internally created software applications.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Write code to create one application of features within existing applications.
- Write database procedures and create database objects, tables, etc.
- Interact with team members to ensure that designs and quality are meeting NHK requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- 3-5 years’ experience with Spring mVC, Tomcat, and databases (MS SQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
Required technical abilities:
- Ability to self-educate on new technologies.
- Active Directory, Maria DB, MYSQL, MS SQL, LINUX, and Single Page Application experience is a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related discipline
You will enjoy a long list of benefits in this great Software Developer position:
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid vacation and holiday time
- Excellent dental, medical and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance
- 401K savings plan and company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- Opportunities for training and career development
Job Type: Full-time
Mechanical Test Technician I
Working under direct supervision, performs standard mechanical testing processes using a variety of test equipment and accurately records results.
• Setup stabilizer and coil machines for fatigue testing. Correctly interpret drawings and make certain test setups are accurate. Perform other test setups, as required.
• Verify the assigned testing equipment has been calibrated. Arrange outside vendor calibration through the Lead Technician, when needed.
• Fabricate new machine fixtures with lab resources. When necessary, use an outside vendor to make a needed fixture.
• Complete testing assignments. Collect, store, compile and summarize test data; record results and prepare written lab reports.
• Evaluate data and deliver accurate, on-time test results to the design engineers.
• Observe and report on significant reactions in test and performance characteristics.
• Perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot testing errors when encountered.
• Maintain equipment, machinery and components. Identify machines or parts that need to be replaced. Notify the Lead Technician of any machine issues.
• Comply with all safety rules and regulations. Follow the safety manual guidelines and discuss any perceived job hazards with the Lead Technician before issues arise.
• Ability to follow directions, meet deadlines and complete assigned tasks
• Ability to read and understand measurements and scales
• Attention to detail and dependable attendance
• Good written skills with the ability to compose lab reports
• Possess basic understanding of testing concepts, practices and procedures
• Requires a high school diploma. Some college or trade school coursework in electricity, hydraulics and/or welding would be helpful
• A minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience; previous lab experience and/or experience using test equipment is preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Knowledge of hand tools, such as: micrometers, calipers, height gages, air tools, etc.