Location: Novi, MI
Working under close supervision, designs coil springs and stabilizer bars that satisfy customers’ requirements using various computer-aided engineering (CAE) software. Accurately summarizes and explains the results to other departments and manufacturing plants.
- Design coil springs and stabilizer bars for automotive suspension systems using various CAE (ABAQUS, CATIA, 3D Scanner, etc.) tools while following internal design rules.
- Summarize the results with Excel and explain them accurately.
- Identify design issues at an early stage and ask supervisor for countermeasures.
- Report the progress in a timely manner.
- Complete design according to deadlines.
- Work on-site at plant locations during prototype trials.
- Other various tasks assigned by supervisor
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Ability to sit at a computer for an extended period of time.
- Ability to follow directions, meet deadlines, and complete assigned tasks.
- Attention to detail and dependable attendance.
- Ability to work both individually and as a team.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- A high school diploma or an Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field would be helpful.
- 2 or more years of experience working in the engineering field is a plus.
- High-school levels math knowledge, such as Algebra, Functions, and Geometry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Competitive benefits package